The New York Yankees will open the 2013 regular season with Opening Day on Monday, April 1 against the Boston Red Sox as part of an opening homestand that includes three games against the Red Sox (April 1, 3 and 4).
Some notes on the Yankees’ 2013 schedule…
- Will open the season with a home game against Boston for the first time since 2005 (the Yankees are 18-11-1 in 30 previous all-time Opening Day games vs. Boston, including a 4-4 tie due to darkness in 1910).
- Will play 19 of their first 32 games at home.
- Will face the NL West in Interleague Play with home games vs. Arizona (4/16-18), Los Angeles (6/18-19) and San Francisco (9/20-22), and road games at Colorado (5/7-9), Los Angeles (7/30-31) and San Diego (8/2-4)… will have Interleague games in every month of the season…the Dodgers’ visit to Yankee Stadium will mark their first-ever regular season games in the Bronx.
- Will play four games against the Mets (5/27-28 at Citi Field and 5/29-30 at Yankee Stadium), after playing six Subway Series games per season for 14 consecutive years (1999-2012)…played just three Subway Series games in each of the first two years of Interleague Play (1997-98).
- Welcome the newest AL team, Houston, to town for the first time from 4/29-5/1…will finish the season with a three-game series at Minute Maid Park from 9/27-29.